Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Mom Gene

I worried a lot during my pregnancy that I didn't have the "mom gene" because I didn't particularly like being pregnant and I knew that I wanted to go back to work after my maternity leave (well I thought I did at least).

It took me about two months to figure out that yes I for sure have the "mom gene". It happened during Emma's two month wellness exam when she got her two month vaccines. She cried so hard after getting them, that I broke down and cried too. After about two minutes, she calmed down but I kept crying. After about ten minutes, she was smiling and happy, but I still kept crying. After about an hour, she was napping and happy as can be, but I was still crying and upset. Needless to say, it was very dramatic for me and Emma was over it in about a minute. Of course, this was after two months of pretty much zero sleep so I can blame it on that right?

Also, I realized that I have the "mom gene" after my first week back to work. Day one was fine, day two, three, and four all involved tears on the drive into work, but we all survived and are slowly adjusting to the new routine.

Here are a couple photos of her war wounds from her two month vaccines:

No comments:

Post a Comment