As many of you already know, but we are expecting kid two in December. For those who are curious, this will be kid two and the final kid. We are stopping at two! It was actually a pretty big decision for us to have kid two since we were not sure that we wanted to disrupt the new family dynamics that have evolved over the past two years. Also, this whole parenting thing is a lot of work-- more so than I ever expected. But in the end, we decided that Emma needed a sibling and heck two can't be that much more work than one, right?
Jelly Bean (as we have decided to call it) is due December 3rd, but I'm hoping for a delivery before Thanksgiving. Mostly because I want to stay as far away from Christmas as possible and because I'm ready to be done being pregnant already. We are 26 weeks-- 2 weeks away from the third trimester already. Thank god!
I did not enjoy pregnancy the first time around and this time is just as bad. It is so much harder being pregnant with a two year old running around too. All I want to do is run around with Emma at the park or the pool, but I don't have energy, stamina, and I have too much pain for much of anything. I had morning sickness with Emma but it ended as the second trimester started. This time around it is going on six months. It has finally eased up a little this past week, but I'm sure that is just a fluke and will return in full force soon. My back pain is back, which means that I can't do much walking, lifting, bending, etc. I hate it because it means that I can't play as easily with Emma, so I leave that part to John. I don't think Emma notices, but I still feel bad about it and can't wait until December.
We had our ultrasound in July and everything looked normal and perfect at this point. They didn't give us digital photos at this one (just old school print outs), so the photos below are from our 13 week ultrasound. I'm going to post them because in reality both sets of photos look the same and I haven't had time to scan in the print outs. Also, the kid was not the most cooperative at the ultrasound in July, so the 13 week ones are actually better shots.
We had our ultrasound in July and everything looked normal and perfect at this point. They didn't give us digital photos at this one (just old school print outs), so the photos below are from our 13 week ultrasound. I'm going to post them because in reality both sets of photos look the same and I haven't had time to scan in the print outs. Also, the kid was not the most cooperative at the ultrasound in July, so the 13 week ones are actually better shots.


No comments:
Post a Comment