I started this post three days before Linnea was born, but didn't get a chance to post it. I thought I would still post it to give you an idea of how this pregnancy went ....
Written on November 12:
I'm officially at 37 weeks-- three more to go. I've been planning for an early delivery so that I wasn't caught off guard like with Emma (who arrived at 37 1/2 weeks). But I've started to think now that this kid is going to torture me as long as possible and we will have a December kid yet!This pregnancy has been horrible for many reasons and if you were to ask me about pregnancy I would definitely give you an earful.
- I don't glow, but instead look ragged and exhausted all the time.
- Wait, I am actually ragged and exhausted all the time.
- I haven't slept for months. I wake up every two hours (some nights more often than that) because my hips hurt so bad. I end up sleeping sitting up for at least half the night because my hips are hurting so much.
- I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes and have been on a strict carb diet and am checking blood sugars four times a day. Can I tell you how much I want a cup of orange juice?
- I had morning sickness for about 8 of the 9 months and have still periodically felt sick during this last month.
- Walking for more about five minutes is more than my back and body can handle. So basically I can't move.
- Did I mention the heartburn?
- I have been at the doctors office more in the past month than I have in the last five years.
But in spite of how awful it has been, it could have been so much worse. So far the baby is fine and healthy (at least that is what we can tell so far from all of our doctor's visits), which is the most important thing. I am so thankful and relieved that the baby is doing great! So even though pregnancy is not my cup of tea, I'm so very excited to meet little jelly bean whenever she decides to make an appearance (I just hope it's sooner than later)!
No comments:
Post a Comment