Monday, May 28, 2012

Slacking ...

I knew when I started this blog that I would not be great at keeping up with regular posts and sure enough this is true. I feel like so much has happened since my last post in March, but in reality not that much has happened.

John and I continue to try everything we know to keep awake during the day, since Emma still refuses to sleep in her crib for the entire night and she still wakes up every two hours or so (even when sleeping in our bed).  I realize that this is abnormal for most people, but it is our normal and we seem to be making it work. Even though, I am not sure how I manage to stay awake some days.

Emma is crawling like crazy and cruising around furniture like a pro. It took her a long time to actually crawl, but once she got it there was not stopping her. I have a feeling it will be this way with walking. She is very sturdy while standing and can move around from object to object, but doesn't really seem interested in walking. When she is finally ready, I am sure she will surprise us all and walk like she knew how to do it all along.

Emma is really starting to enjoy feeding herself even though only about a third of the food gets in her mouth and about half of that ends up in her stomach. I guess that is the way it goes.


The tooth count is 2.25. The front two teeth are in and there is a third one poking through. This has resulted in several nights and days full of tears and obvious pain.

Emma and I get to spend every Tuesday together and we have recently found out how much fun it is to find cheap toys at Once Upon a Child.  Here is a photo of one of our great finds- an activity table for $6.50. Thanks to Aunt Amber for finding it first and showing Emma how much fun it is.



Here are some other photos that I thought were cute and wanted to share: 

"Wearing my seat belt!"
"I am 10 on the cute scale"

Just removing all of the toys from her toy box on Saturday morning. 

 "I love to read, especially from Mom's Nook"

"I also love to pull all of the books off of my book shelf."

No comments:

Post a Comment