Sunday, March 18, 2012

7th and 8th Month photos- oh and Mom quit her job!

It has been a month since the last post and I must say that we have been a very busy family in the last month. 
Emma is now 8 1/2 months old and is very mobile even though she refuses to actually crawl. Without crawling, she still manages to turn in circles, move from her stomach to all fours and back to a sitting position. Every time she looks about ready to make that dangerous leap to crawling she gives up and sits back down. We still have some baby proofing to do, so we are okay with her refusal to crawl.

 I officially quit my job at Special Olympics after seven years. It is a fabulous organization and I will miss my wonderful coworkers, the volunteers, and the athletes that I have meet over the last seven years. But this new move will allow me to have time to do simple things like laundry, cleaning, exercise, make a real meal and of course play more with Emma! I think you get the idea that with school, the library, Special Olympics, Emma, Chloe, Toby,  John, etc. there was little time for anything even watching TV. So we decided that I would take the next nine months off to focus on Emma, finish up my masters degree, and work part time at the library. Oh and I guess I didn't really quit ... I am going to work part time for Special Olympics running our Summer Sports Camp until the end of June. I now office out of our house and work when I need to work instead of going into the office for 40 hours a week. Can you tell that I am a workaholic? 

I am so looking forward to this new schedule, which starts tomorrow. Emma and I are going to go to the library for Baby story hour, take a walk around the lake, and start swim lessons this week. What a fabulous feeling knowing that I don't have to be in a cube at 8:00 in the morning! 

 And the reason for this post was to show you her most recent monthly photos. Here are Emma's 7th and 8th month photos: 
 

Intently looking at Mister Giraffe

"I am cute even when I don't have a big smile on my face.  Even with a  small smile Mom and Dad will give me whatever I want!"

No comments:

Post a Comment