Thursday, October 25, 2012

Things I want to remember ...

As most of you know, I love scrapbooking and most arts and crafts for that matter, but I haven't had time to scrapbook for about five years now (or blog for what seems like five years). Of course, I continue to purchase the materials without anything to show, but that is a whole other story!

Since I will some day have time to scrapbook all of these Emma pictures, I am using this blog, not only as a way to tell Emma stories, but as a way to remember these stories that are important to us during her life. There are so many little things that Emma does on a daily basis that I want to remember, but know that I will soon forget them as new things happen.

This post is about all of those little things that I want to make sure to remember because they are the things that are easily lost in the day to day activities.

Here are a few of these things:
Nice job Mom
For a while, when you picked up Emma she would pat you on the shoulder/back. It was almost as if she was saying, "Nice work, Mom"

Those Feet
Emma has the cutest feet ever-- okay at least as cute as most kids. I just love those feet!

Learning to Walk  
When Emma learned to walk she would walk sideways instead of in a straight line. Her new found mobility is allowing her so much more freedom. She has mastered climbing up and down stairs, climbing all over furniture, and running around (with some stumbles of course). She also loves to put her feet up on the table, her highchair, stroller, etc.


Starting Early
Emma is obsessed with phones-- cell phones, play phones, real (land line) phones-- but she holds all of them backwards and holds the wrong side up to her hear. Also, if you attempt to pretend to have a conversation she takes your phone and puts it to her other ear. This lasted for several months, but now Emma is finally figuring out to hold the phone correctly.

Testing Out Those Sounds
The final thing that I want to tell you about is all of the crazy sounds that Emma makes as she is figuring that whole thing out. She plays with her tongue and her teeth, blows bubbles, and each week it seems like she has a different sound-- growling, gubgubgub, mommommom, blubbing with her libs. I find myself smiling at all of them.





No comments:

Post a Comment