Here are some of my favorites:
The beauty of being one of the last to have kids is that I get to see all of the fun ways that my friends and family use to document the milestones of their kids. So like blogging, I stole this idea from several friends. Every month, I will take a photo of Emma next to the yellow giraffe so that you can see her growth in relation to the stuffed animal. We picked the yellow giraffe because it was the first stuffed animal (and one of the very first items) that John and I bought for her last winter before she was born. Her is her one month photo ...
I love birthdays and I love celebrating them with major life events. In 2006, John and I got engaged on my birthday, in 2009, we closed and started moving into our first house on my birthday, and in 2011 on my 30th birthday I was able to celebrate with Emma! What can we possibly do next year to beat these things. I am taking suggestions.
Here is a picture of me on my 30th birthday with the best present ever.
Here is John with Emma at the beginning of August. She is wearing an outfit that once was John's. It was absolutely adorable, but she has since out grown it. It is in the closet waiting for a sibling or cousin to pass it along too.
Emma is definitely a "Velcro baby". She demands to be held pretty much 90 percent of the time- night and day. So both John and I are pretty tired since sleeping sitting up and holding a baby are not really conducive to great and restful sleep. The last couple weeks have been better and she is slowly sleeping longer stretches in the bassinet next to our bed. Let's just hope we make a little more progress this week before Mom goes back to work :).
Here is one of those rare moments when I was able to put her down and fold some laundry. Our house is a complete disaster and I have only read one book this entire time, but at least I get to spend most of my days right now cuddling with little Emma. It is really a great way to spend my time off.
Emma has slowly started to be become interested in more of her surroundings and she is staying awake more and more. She LOVES lights and is beginning to love music too. Here she is laying under her rainforest play gym. It plays music and lights up and she just stares up at the lights and dances to the music. The music alternates between songs and rainforest sounds. When the songs play, she kicks her legs like crazy and the minute the rainforest sounds start up her legs stop.
As Oles, we would love to have Emma attend St. Olaf but we are pretty sure that she is going to attend Carleton because she always seems to throw up when Mom and Dad wear St. Olaf shirts. I am not talking a little spit up, but enough throw up that you have to change shirts. But we will continue our indoctrination by forcing her to wear it too. And we have plenty of time to persuade her.
Emma goes in for her two month appointment on Friday, so more updates coming soon.



No comments:
Post a Comment